This section provides a detailed report on the statistics of the India Pharmaceutical industry in terms of growth, number of pharmaceutical units, invetment in the pharma sector, todal production of drugs and medicines, production of pharmaceutical formulations, exports of pharmaceutical drusg and imports of pharmaceutical drugs.
Click on the links below to get a detailed report of Indian pharma statistics.
Key Statistics of Indian Pharmaceutical Market
- Annual Turnover Rs. 226 b Growth rate 5.2% Exports Rs. 141 b
- Future projections Rs. 1200 b (by McKinsey)
- Share of World Pharma market 1.0% in value 8% in volume terms
- Global ranking 13th in value terms 4th in volume terms
- Number of Generic Brands over 60,000 in 60 therapeutic categories
- Number of units - 10,000 out of which approximately 300 in organized sector
- OTC market Rs. 35 b growth 18-20%
- Alternative medicine - Herbal / Ayurvedic market Rs. 38 b
- Per capita drug expenditure Rs. 220 per annum